We have now registered as a Welcoming Church for those coming from Hong Kong (find out more HERE).Therefore we have started a new Ministry called “Open Space” to support those who are new the UK, who may not just be from Hong Kong. It could be:
• to invite them into your home for a meal , when the pandemic rules permit;
• to be part of a welcoming team for them;
• to help them settle in the UK;
• to help them get connected digitally;
• to show them round the area;
• to just have a chat.
We're setting up a dedicated Team.
Do you have the passion to give support, the skills to share, and the wisdom gained from life experience, some time to spare and a listening ear?
We specifically want those who speak Cantonese to join us, or anyone who has a compassionate heart for foreigners from this area of the world.
Contact Keith Bootle on Keithbootle@stbarnabas.co.uk and tell us a bit about yourself, what times of the week you are free, if you are free regularly each week or on a rota, and how much time you have to give.